- We will be having 3 basic Archery Classes this year
- 1st one will be youth basic Archery class on 5/9/17 and 5/11/2017 from 6-8pm of each day cost of the class is 20$
- 2nd Class will be another youth class on 6/19/2017 and 6/22/2017 from 6-8pm of each day and the cost of the class is 20$
- 3rd Class will be a adult archery (16+of age) Held on 6/26/2017 and 6/29/2017 from 6-8pm on each day the cost will be 20$ with your own equipment or 30$ if you use clubs equipment
- to register for any of the classes or questions please call Walter Selens 207-838-4394
The club is now a civilian marksmanship program affiliated clubthat allows use to hold CMP certify shoots and members of the club can guns and ammo direct form the CMP program direct to the members homes so come to the next meeting to find out more
Dear Robbie Foundation Friends,
In April, the Bangor Savings Bank Foundation will give a total of $100,000 to local charitable organizations in Maine. A total of 32 grants will be awarded, including the organizations listed on the ballot and to the top 8 write-in vote recipients. The 2 top vote-getting organizations in each region, including write-ins, will each receive $5,000. The remaining 24 organizations will each receive $1,000.
We need your help in casting votes for the Robbie Foundation!
Robbie Foundation is a write-in. Please visit the link below and enter “Robbie Foundation” under the Cumberland County heading or stop by
any of the 56 Bangor Savings Bank branches statewide.
VOTE HERE: Community Matters More
Online voting ends February 28, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM. Please cast your vote today!
Robbie Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting children with developmental disabilities. Funds are used to provide adaptive equipment, assistive technology, therapy treatment, or any necessary item needed to improve the quality of life for children with special needs not covered by insurance.
Please share this email by forwarding to a friend or posting on Facebook!
This year the 3rd annual Gun Show will be held June 3 from 9-5 and June 4th from 9-2 there will be many dealer with lots of Guns for sale all local law apply plus lots of outdoor gear plus there will be raffles and there will be a lot of great food available for purchase including venison chili ???? while it last. So come get some new guns and gear and support the club admission is only 5 dollars for adults and under 12 free so hope to see you then and all your new purchases
This is the annual Spring Clean up day there are many projects to get done like staining the range area and setting the new rifle range up plus clean up of the club house ,the pond shore and the ranges we be starting at 9am and working to we are done there will be lunch served.So please come and help get the club in shape and get your work hours in for the club
We will be having 4 Firearms Hunter Safety classes, 3 Archery Safety classes 2 Crossbow Safety classes , 2 Atv/Snowmobile Safety classes , 2 Boating Safety classes and a Trapping Safety classes they are all listed on the clubs calendar and you will be able to sign up on the State of Maine Mosses website if you have any questions please feel free to contact Shawn Sage at 207-727-5108
Please be careful if you venture out on deer pond you can use this ice thickness guide to tell the safe and use of the ice before you go out on it Also A Remind that only members can park in the club house parking lot and all other must park outside the gate and may walk thought to the pond also reminder Kids Fish Day is February 19th
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all members and friends be safe can wait to see you in the new year we have a lot going on next year and will need to have everyone’s help to make 2017 as successful as 2016 See You All Next Year
- We held the 23th Kids Fish Day with 58 kids and able to give out 2 kids life time fishing licenses
- We held our 2nd annual Gun Show to help raise money for the range improvement
- We spearhead bring back the Southern Maine Youth outdoor day with YCFG,Spurwink rod and gun club,The Eagle Bassmasters,and the Hooligans with keeping kids safe of Maine and had 26 go though 6 outdoor events and also able to give another life time license
- We compete in the 2nd year of the Presidents Cup coming in 4th with a greater turn out of members hope to do better next year
- On September 17 we held our 3rd annual Spaghetti dinner for the community with a great turn out and feedback about the happens at the club
- On October 22 we held the 3rd annual craft fair to benefit the Robbie Foundation and able to give them 750$
- We having our 2nd annual potluck dinner and toy drives to benefit the Buxton toy box and the Hollis toy box last year we where able to give 4 eight foot tables full of toys
- We where able to complete the club house parking lot and the road to the range so mud season won’t shut it down anymore
- We install the new 1000 gallon Outhouse on the ranges
- We constructed the new pistol range and install covers over both the pistol and rifle lines and raised the berms on the rifle range to 25 feet and side berms and installed berms around the pistol range
- we purchased new youth bows of multiple sizes with accessories and was able to teach 2 youth class to the community with more plan next year
- the club taught 4 firearm hunter safety classes,2 archery safety classes , 2 crossbow safety classes and 2 Atv/Snowmobile safety class with graduating over 200 students
- the 15 Outdoor Safety Instructors took many other train class over the year to better them self as instructors and we are know able teach all 7 outdoor safety classes for the State of Maine at BHRGC
- We also won Sportsman Club of the year from SAM and help beat #3 on 11/8
The 2017 kids fish day is February 19 from 9am to 2pm so if you know a child under age16 bring to the club and let them fish every kid get a door prize and a free lunch plus there are many trophies to when for fish and casting competition plus a drawing for a life time fishing license so come and have fun what ever the weather it always goes on ????